Monday, August 2, 2010

This weekend was slow for training. I went to the rock gym to climb Friday and Sunday, and went to the gym Friday and Saturday. Friday, I went to the gym and did a 10x10 deadlift work out after rock climbing was killer on my forearms. I got a fair share of exercise in, but my leg is keeping me from doing the cardio I want. Rock climbing is going to be great for my grip strength and forearms, which should help my tackling in rugby.

My shoulder is also prohibiting me from lifting heavy arms. I have been doing therapy after my workouts for it to stretch out and keep the rotator cuff and shoulder loose.

On a good note, I have been eating clean and getting the necessary supplements. The weekends are great for cooking.

Today being squat day and having little time to workout during lunch, I tried something new. I met my buddy, Pickel at the gym and he was going heavy so I was spotting him but before that I pretty much did my complete workout in 15-20 minutes.

I stretched (dynamic and static) and did some deep tissue stretching for my legs. You know, the us(ual). Then all hell broke loose as I did my newly created routine I thought of on the spot.

So I started with 135# and did 45 reps but I did them like this (15 reps - 15 sec rest) and did that 3 times without racking.
Next was 185# same style but with 10 reps and 10 sec rest; 3 times without racking.
225# with 5 reps and 5 sec rest; 3 times without racking.
275# with 3 reps and 3 sec rest; 3 times without racking.

Then I decided to do some cool down and did 225# same again with same stats
And I brought my quick workout to a finale @ 135#, the same way I started.

I rested about 90-120 secs between sets (to spot Pickel)

All in all, I did 159 reps in about 15 minutes, and felt no burn, which I discussed with Pickel and decided it must be the lack of dairy(lactose) in my diet (apart from a little bit of cheese). I drink almond milk instead.

I will most likely either go for a short run and workout later or go for a long run, for my fat dog. Well, she's only a little fat.

Also I will try and get a pic up for comparison soon.

1 comment:

  1. OK, I'm going to try higher reps Wednesday while Squatting.

    ReplyDelete